This is so much easier to remember!!!
Some people have trouble with all those ' shall ' s ' and ' shall not ' s '
in the Ten Commandments. Folks just aren't used to talking in those
terms. So, in middle Tennessee they translated the ' King James ' into
' Jackson County ' language.....no joke (posted on the wall at Cross Trails
Church in Gainesboro , TN ).
(1) Just one God
(2) Put nothin' before God
(3) Watch yer mouth
(4) Git yourself to Sunday meetin'
(5) Honor yer Ma & Pa
(6) No killin '
(7) No foolin' around with another fellow's gal
(8) Don't take what ain't yers
(9) No tellin' tales or gossipin '
(10) Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff
Now that's plain an' simple. Y 'all have a nice day!